Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Care Worker - Millcreek of Tupelo
at Acadia Healthcare
Rehabilitation Centers, LLC d/b/a Millcreek Home and Community Based Services
CRITERIA-BASED JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Direct Care Worker DEPARTMENT: HCBS REV: 01/16
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director/Manager EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation and meet applicable requirements for the Millcreek Motor Vehicle Safety Program. If required to drive per assignment.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule.
- Must complete the HCBS training and continued education program
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Walking; reaching; bending; pushing; pulling; lifting heavy loads (i.e., at least 25 pounds).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support and information necessary to make informed choices and decisions to program participants.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with program participants, co-workers and people who are important to the participant.
- Determine the needs, desires, and interest of the participants.
- Assist the participant to identify support available in their community, family, and social network.
- Work with the participant to develop and sustain relationships with friends, family and community members.
- Assist the participant to manage every day aspect of life by teaching and providing supports.
- Provide support necessary to engage in satisfactory work and daily activities.
- Complete necessary documentation in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete routine daily checks of vans and report deficiencies.
- Assist in plan development for the program participant to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist program participant to achieve the outcomes identified on his/her plan.
- Keep supervisor abreast of pertinent information relate dot he program participant.
- Ensure the program participant safety at all times.
- Report risk management issues to supervisor and submit reports to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Adhere to UltiPro usage, policies, procedures and timelines.
- Provide safe transportation to and from community activities.
- Adhere to all Millcreek and HCBS waiver program policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety policies and adheres to all worker's compensation program guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.