Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Walk Manager - Biloxi and Gulf Coast Area
at Alzheimer's Association
This position is responsible for 3 walks in south Mississippi area, year round coordination, implementation, and walk revenue outcomes for these walks. The Walk Coordinator will recruit, manage and partner with volunteers to meet aggressive participant and sponsorship recruitment and fundraising goals. Candidate must be able to exercise excellent judgment, accept responsibility, and give careful attention to details. Must possess excellent oral and written communication with the ability to present with poise, confidence and professionalism. There are high expectations for meeting tight deadlines and for accurate work, so must be able to work under stress. The Walk Coordinator will also assist with the chapter Longest Day recruitment of volunteers and leads.
Manager , Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Reports to: Senior Walk Director, Development Director/VP of Development or Executive Director
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in the Gulf Coast area of MS,this position requires frequent travel within the assignedterritory.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for recruitment of volunteer community leaders and training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporatepartners.
- Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practiceimplementation.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve developmentgoals.
- Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance andsupport.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagementopportunities.
- Ensure Walk to End Alzheimer’s standards are beingfollowed.
- Responsible for other duties asassigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalentexperience
- 3-5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achievegoals
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent salesbackground
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and externalpartners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise withdiplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrateinclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal andwritten
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the jobgoals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobileinsurance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for thejob
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs ofmaterials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Conviosoftware