Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Field Technician
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleEnvironmental Field Technician
APTIM has an opening for a Landfill Gas Plant/ Field Technician to perform a variety of scientific work on all phases of projects.
- Landfill gas and energy well monitoring
- Collection and interpretation/evaluation of scientific data
- Development of plans, specifications, analyses, evaluations, maps, position papers, procedures and reports.
- Communication of technical concepts, evaluation results, plans, reports, etc. via oral presentations; and ensures conformance to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Process and develop data used for proposals, reports and submittals to clients.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Usually determines own work priorities
- Familiarity with NSPS rules and regulations, landfill gas collection, control systems, and monitoring instruments such as water level meters, FID's, TVA's and LEL meters
- Experience with Landtec GEM 2000/5000 gas analyzers, Data Field, LSGAMS and LGMS software and databases
- Must have 1-4 years of related experience.
- May stabilize at this level for many years.
- Has expertise in own discipline.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to nonstandard Requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Promotes teamwork.
- Experience in plant or landfill gas collection system monitoring, operation and maintenance
- Mechanical skills ranging from plumbing and pipe fitting to basic electrical; use of hand tools is a must
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive a pickup truck
- Ability to safely operate an all-terrain vehicle in varying conditions
- Ability to speak and write professionally
- AS in Environmental Science or related field
- 40-hr HAZWOPER training and 8-hr refresher (if applicable)
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- HDPE pipe fusion techniques
- Power plant and Gas flare troubleshooting and repair
- Strong electrical background, PLC and controls
- Knowledge of air compressor systems
- Pneumatic and electric pump troubleshooting and repair
APTIM was created by Veritas Capital, a leading private equity firm, following acquisition of CB&I's Capital Services business. With approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, APTIM provides integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure, EPC services, program management, disaster response and recovery, resiliency planning, and energy management services for private sector and government customers. Our timely and cost-effective solutions not only satisfy our customers' needs, but also improve the quality of life for people around the world.