Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health & Safety Tech (US Virgin Islands)
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleHealth & Safety Tech (US Virgin Islands)
APTIM currently has an opening for an HSE Technician. The selected candidate will assist with implementation of Environmental Health & Safety plans and maintains records and logs as required by HSE Department. Inspects work areas, machinery, equipment and working conditions to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. This temporary position will be in the US Virgin Islands.
- Responsibilities include documenting safety inspections, reporting non-compliant areas/procedures and recommending corrective actions/procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supply and availability
- Inspects machines and equipment for accident prevention devices
- Observes workers to determine use of prescribe safety equipment such as glasses, helmets, goggles, respirators and clothing
- Inspects specified areas for fire prevention equipment and other safety and first-aid supplies.
- Tests working areas for noise, toxic and other hazards
- Investigates accidents to ascertain causes for use in recommending preventive safety measures and developing safety program
- Demonstrates use of safety equipment
- Conduct daily/weekly safety meetings with employees
- Conduct procedure and equipment training for employees as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Basic understanding of physical and biological science;
- OSHA forty (40) Hour HAZWOPER Training Certificate.
- Eight (8) hour Training Certificate helpful.
- OSHA Construction Industry Safety Course helpful.
- Current CPR/First Aid / AED training
- Familiar with calibration and usage of direct reading instrument and air sampling pumps.
- Looking for 2 -5 years relevant experience.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This positions requires constant (70-100%) Standing; Walking; Lifting 20-50 lbs; Carrying 20-50 lbs; Pushing; Pulling; Climbing; Balancing; Bending; Stooping; Kneeling; Crouching; Crawling; Reaching; Handling; Feeling; Hearing (listening) and Observing (vision).
- Will work in indoor and outdoor environments; outdoor environments will include a variety of harsh weather conditions, including but not limited to extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, sleet and snow. Also subject to on-site hazards including but not limited to; moving industrial equipment, electrical current, confined spaces, LO/TO, working at heights, high noise and dust levels, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as moderate to advanced computer and presentation skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must speak, read and write fluent English
- Willing to travel, available to report to work upon "short notice" (within 24 hours) and work weekends, nights and holidays as required.
APTIM was created by Veritas Capital, a leading private equity firm, following acquisition of CB&I's Capital Services business. With approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, APTIM provides integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure, EPC services, program management, disaster response and recovery, resiliency planning, and energy management services for private sector and government customers. Our timely and cost-effective solutions not only satisfy our customers' needs, but also improve the quality of life for people around the world.