Pinnacle Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pinnacle Entertainment Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Ameristar Casino Hotel - Vicksburg, MS
- Position Type
Be the Best You
At PNK, we are guided by our team member promise - Be the Best You. Through this promise we strive to support our team members in living their best lives by offering them challenging and rewarding work, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to build lasting relationships.
The perennial leader in the market, Ameristar's 70,000-square-foot riverboat casino is the largest dockside casino in central Mississippi – and surely the most exciting. With its dramatically beautiful views of the Mississippi River, Ameristar Vicksburg has newly renovated hotel rooms and some of the best dining and entertainment all around in the Delta.
4116 Washington Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180
Coordinate all casino operations on the assigned shift. Maintain two-way communication with subordinates to ensure awareness of new policies or procedures. Maintain a high-degree of professionalism when dealing with subordinates and guests. Administrates policies and procedures in conformity with the State Gaming Commission and Ameristar Casino, Inc.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, supporting the policies of Senior Management of the Casino as well as Senior Management of Ameristar Casino, Inc.
- Accountable for the adherence and/or enforcement of all written/internal controls and procedures within the casino.
- Responsible for having a full comprehensive knowledge of internal controls and adhering and enforcing the same.
- Adhere to established department and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- General monitoring of job performance at all subordinate levels
- Monitor pit and gaming equipment to ensure proper working order and condition.
- Notify Director of Table Games on win/loss status of the Casino at “count” times.
- Discipline subordinates in accordance with Casino policy regarding below standard performance.
- Train and motivate subordinates to develop a quality work environment.
- Ensure and maintain proper control over the gaming tables within the guidelines of the State Gaming Control Board and Ameristar Casino.
- Perform the duties of the Director of Table Games in his/her absence.
- Monitor and implement the issuance of comps.
- Verify accurate records of team member payroll hours.
- Coach, monitor, and develop team members for improved performance.
- Issuing timely performance evaluations on subordinates and offering developmental guidelines and resources to achieve goals.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information disclosed by an Ameristar entity.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication required with sound administrative skills.
- Sound knowledge of all casino games.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a plus.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum eight (8) hour shift.
- Locations on casino floor are noisy and smoky.
- Will also encounter intoxicated guests frequently.
- Provide representation of department in specific project and company meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and College Degree.
- Five-to-ten years of supervisory experience in gaming industry in lieu of college.